Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Frozen Shoulder Treatment More Condition_symptoms How Long Can Long-term Diabetes Induced Frozen Shoulder Last For? Do You Regain Full Mobility Again?

How long can long-term diabetes induced frozen shoulder last For? Do you regain full mobility again? - frozen shoulder treatment more condition_symptoms

I am a man and an insulin-dependent diabetes for forty years - four years - and brings it now suffers from frozen shoulder on the shoulders of the right and left. Frozen shoulder is most common in women than men, but it is very common in both sexes for people with diabetes. I asked, but nobody seems to tell me how long it takes to diabetes, and you regain full mobility back?

I began to suffer from frozen shoulder on my right shoulder two years ago. I physiotherapist for treatment I, a limited number of extra movement and also injected the shoulder, which was no help at all.

I just stated - in recent months - and now the frozen shoulder on the left shoulder as well. I'm waiting for some physio treatmentBut believe it to be of little help, and left with his shoulder.

I understand that it is better to remain in motion and strengthening exercises for the shoulder and pain relief to promote the healing process.

How long will it take and how can I regain full mobility?

2 comments:

gangadharan nair said...

The treatment consists of anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), steroid injections and physiotherapy. May take up to 12-18 months will see an improvement. Physical therapy is intense and you have to do every day. Steroid injections can significantly improve the performance of Physical Therapy.
If treatment fails, or if the patient does not tolerate the treatment, carried out a shoulder manipulation. This procedure is performed under general anesthesia. A provider of health services in force, bring the shoulder through a range of motion to release the scar tissue.
Arthroscopic surgery can be used to cut the tight ligaments and remove scar tissue from his shoulder. Some surgeons may use repeated pain blocks after surgery so the patient can participate in any physicaltherapy after surgery.

micksmix... said...

Sorry, sir, can stay with you for the rest of his life.

Like you, I have to in my shoulders.

He received physical therapy, which was a complete waste of time. I also had steroid injections. This, too, seemed to have little impact.

The next step was to rotate injection of steroids and off (anesthesia) and "manipulation". I remember this experience and in the belief that he had dealt with "your elbows instead of his shoulders and said the nurse, who was present. He assured me it was on my shoulders had been treated as present in the operations room.

This was partially relieve symptoms for a few yearsbut my mobility is still somewhat restrained.

Sorry if I do not want to give information, but I speak from personal experience.

PS The condition is known by doctors as adhesive capsulitis on the street.

Post a Comment